Gave snow dyeing another try. The snow was frozen so had to take a hammer to it to get smaller pieces to put on the fabric. I was not able to put the container in a warm spot because of the lack of drainage in a warm area so the whole dyeing process took place in 30 degrees or less until the fabric came out of the snow and dye mixture. I then put it in a small bucket and wrapped the fabric with plastic and put it on the hearth to warm for a while. The two fabrics were done one on top of the other. I used Ultra Violet and Yellow on cotten and a piece of tiny gathered silk. The difference in color is amazing.
Picture below is 100% cotton
Picture above in the silk